- Varies – L.A. County Public Well being’s 2 p.m. COVID-19 briefings are one or two days every week. Watch on the County Channel, Channel 94 on most cable methods, or by way of the County of Los Angeles Facebook page, the place broadcast briefings are archived.
- Tuesday 10/12 and ongoing – As a part of its Higher Buses for L.A. marketing campaign, Investing in Place is searching for volunteers to journey a minimum of one Metro bus route throughout Fall 2021 and file your observations. Volunteers can be taught concerning the marketing campaign at Zoom conferences every Tuesday this month – together with immediately at 5 p.m. Assembly not required to finish bus route surveys. Particulars at Investing in Place post – or e mail aziz[at]investinginplace.org.
- Wednesday 10/13 – Streets for All will host a digital joyful hour with Santa Monica Metropolis Councilmember Gleam Davis from 5-6 p.m. Occasion particulars at Streets for All event page, RSVP for Zoom hyperlink.
- Wednesday 10/13 and Saturday 10/16 – Town council redistricting course of continues this week with public conferences that includes temporary shows after which alternatives for public remark. Go to the redistricting website for schedules, the draft map, and particulars for tune in. Wednesday’s assembly begins at 6 p.m.; Saturday’s begins at 10 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 10/16-17 – Town of Santa Monica is internet hosting the final, for now, in a sequence of two-day car-free streets occasions on Major Road. This weekend’s is named the ‘Howl-O-Ween’ version; it includes a pumpkin patch, costume contest for pets, out of doors film, reside music, free health lessons, and extra. The 2-block Open Major Road occasion takes place between Hill Road and Kinney Road. This weekend’s occasion consists of health lessons, reside music, children nook, and extra. For occasion particulars, see metropolis’s event webpage.
Did we miss something? Is there one thing we should always record on future calendars? E mail joe [at] streetsblog.org