ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) – Because the calendar turns to August, the nation is celebrating American Adventures Month.
As Americans and people worldwide spend extra time indoors and at work, periodic journey and journey encourages creativity, endurance, and enjoyable.
American Adventures Month goals to get individuals exterior, participating in one thing daring and adventurous, which they in any other case wouldn’t. Alaskan residents have the wilderness at their fingertips, offering countless alternatives for journey. Public Affairs Specialist for the Alaska area of the U.S. Forest Service Erica Keene stated that the month is about encouraging Alaskans to recreate within the nice open air.
“It’s all the time a good suggestion to get out and have enjoyable, discover one thing new, or strive that previous trusty path that you simply’ve all the time executed,” Keene stated. “Getting exterior is an effective way to enhance not solely your bodily health, but it surely helps psychological well being as nicely, and so I believe why not do it throughout American adventures month in August.”
To assist Alaskans rejoice the month, the Alaska Forest Service desires to share in everybody’s journey. They’ve created totally different themes all through the month to get individuals open air, and can function footage you tag them in on their social media pages.
“We simply thought it may be a extremely enjoyable method for us to see how persons are getting out and having fun with the forest,” Keene stated. “A great way to have of us work together with us and be sure that they soar on our social media pages, discover our newest updates and be in contact.”
Themes all through the month embody:
- Aug. 1-6 – Tenting adventures abound! Share favourite tenting journeys for an opportunity to be the function photograph the next week.
- Aug. 7-13 – Fishing – One of many nice Alaskan adventures. Share these prize catches and adventures for an opportunity at being the featured photograph.
- Aug. 14-20 – Pleased mountaineering! – Get out, discover a new path, or discover a favourite and share these epic views.
- Aug. 21-27 – Biking – From mountain bikes to highway bikes, there are a lot of websites to be seen on two wheels. Share enjoyable rides on Alaska’s Nationwide Forests this week.
- Aug. 28-31 – Forest person’s selection! Share any journey on Alaska’s Nationwide Forests this week!
To take part, Alaska residents can tag the Alaska Area of the U.S. Forest Service utilizing the @AKForestService deal with.
Copyright 2022 KTUU. All rights reserved.